Visitors to Deco-Pak’s stand during Glee were able to enjoy the company’s crazy golf themed stand. With six holes to test golfing prowess, there was also a much deeper meaning to the themed holes, as Deco-Pak Director, Craig Hall explains...
“Our customers have been superb throughout the pandemic, from their patience when stock availability and logistics were impacted, to working with us to identify key sellers and successful merchandising and POS solutions. As a way of thanking them for their support, we have created a different Glee stand; one which we hope will offer real value for those that join us on-stand.
“Each of the six crazy golf holes has been themed to reflect the challenges that the garden retail sector has faced during the last 18 months, as well as the resulting consumer demand. Supported by our product offering, designed to tap into these trends, retailers can enjoy a little fun as they educate themselves on how changing consumer spend will impact the 2022 season, and how these themes will hopefully drive us towards a new sense of normality, whilst also increasing profitability with products that are considered and truly reflective of what consumers want and need.”
The Deco-Pak crazy golf themes
1) Sustainability – the pandemic has accelerated the inevitable growth in demand for sustainable and environmentally conscious products. With consumers actively seeking out brands and products that meet these exacting standards, retailers wanting to optimise this will find Deco-Pak’s EcoStone range the top choice for the landscaping category.
Available to see at hole one, Deco-Pak’s EcoStone range raises the bar when it comes to sustainability, transforming waste materials once destined for landfill into decorative aggregates that meet the latest design trends. Glasglo are translucent tumbled glass stones, pot topper stones and cobbles made from recycled televisions; EcoStone Rubber Chippings give new life to former tyres, recycled into chippings that provide safe play areas and act as a weed-suppressing mulch, while EcoStone Sea Shells – sourced from a whelk processing factory, transform pots and terrariums when used as a dressing, and provide natural slug control in borders, too.
Ahead of the 2022 season, Deco-Pak has introduced an uplift in colour tones and a new logo for the EcoStone range to represent the true eco-nature of the product and packaging. Made with up to 60% of recycled material, all EcoStone bags will have a craft paper look to really set it apart from the other categories.
2) Mindfulness – with multiple lockdowns and enforced distance from friends, family and much of our normal day-to-day lives, the importance of protecting mental health has come to the fore – in fact it is at an all-time high. According to one report, the global meditation market is expected to reach $9billion growth by 2027. As a result, many of us are now looking at ways to improve our mental health, with gardening proving a popular option as the estimated three million new gardeners* are testament to.
Water gardening is one area consumers are turning to as the benefits of being near water have been well documented. From lower stress levels and anxiety, to boosting physical and psychological wellbeing, water gardening is a great way to add interest and relaxing sounds to garden spaces, no matter their size. Deco-Pak’s water feature collection – set to be extended for the 2022 season - will help retailers to raise the bar when it comes to staging high impact displays of instant aquatics. Featuring many ‘plug and play’ options, the complete offering is supported by informative and inspirational point of sale to help appeal to time-pressed consumers who want to introduce the tranquil, calming effect of water to gardens and demand products that can be quickly installed and instantly spurred into action. Find out more at hole two.
3) Family & Community – the last 18 months has shown just how important the notion of family is. Whether they be relatives, friends or the wider community, we have all reached for those we hold dear.
Since 2017, Deco-Pak’s Toy Town range of play pit and play sand – including coloured play sand are available to see at hole three – has been raising money for the children’s hospice garden charity, Greenfingers, and will continue to do so throughout the 2022 season. Talking about this product offering, Craig Hall said: “Greenfingers is such a fantastic cause which is needed by, and resonates with, everyone in our industry, and is one that we are so proud to support. Through the sales of our play sand, we aim to leave a lasting impression for the charity, and help provide more gardens for children with life limiting illnesses and their families.”
4) Growth – with gardening growing in popularity, business confidence is increasing in turn. One area that is seeing an increase in consumer spend is home and garden improvement, with landscape essentials such as stepping-stones proving popular thanks to their ability to transform paths and long-forgotten corners of the garden. From leaves and timber to penny coins, paws, half crescent moons and rustic circles, the Deco-Pak range is extensive and offers styles for all tastes and garden designs all of which will be available to view on hole four.
5) Inspiration – the pandemic has brought new gardeners to the market, including many younger and inexperienced customers. As such it has never been so important for retailers to offer new ideas and inspiration at the point of sale. As a result, hole five will showcase Deco-Pak’s new point of sale support, which is designed to showcase what can be achieved quickly and easily to drive up the average basket spend and build consumer confidence. New ‘get the look’ aggregate merchandising solutions will deliver quick, visual cues that demonstrate how products can be easily used to maximum effect with minimum effort.
6) Efficiency – growing demand has placed unprecedented pressure on the supply chain, with retailers and manufacturers both having to quickly adapt to changing sales patterns. Improved service and logistics will be key in ensuring a smooth path through the 2022 season. One key update for Deco-Pak will feature on hole six – new quad rockery crates for the market-leading Rock & Roll range of rockery and boulder essentials.
Find out more
To find out more about Deco-Pak’s leading product portfolio visit the website at www.deco-pak.co.uk