This year's Glee, taking place on September 12-14 at the NEC Birmingham, is shaping up to be one of the most successful in the event's history. We've come up with 10 reasons why it's going to be special and why you can't afford to miss it...
1. The world’s best opportunity to source world-leading gardening and outdoor living products. Over 550 UK and international suppliers will be showcasing their new ranges at Glee in 2016, representing the strongest showcase of leading brands and exciting innovators under one roof.
2. Thousands of new products to set you apart from your competitors. Each year Glee is home to thousands of new product launches. Head to The New Product Display, to see the most innovative, unique and commercial products from the hundreds of suppliers at Glee. The competition sees new designs and products perfectly displayed for your consideration with the best of each category receiving the accolade of a ‘Glee Award.’ Visitors can also cast their vote for their favourite, awarding one lucky entrant with the title of ‘Retailers Choice Award’, sponsored by the HTA. New product winners will be announced at 5:30pm on Monday 12th September.
3. First look at future trends. From exhibitors to industry experts, Glee is where future trends are born. Look out for instant gardening solutions and innovative garden leisure products – just some of the exciting themes that will be showcased in September.
4. A new look at garden retail categories. Glee’s core sectors are also set to benefit from a makeover in 2016. In a move to ensure that the exhibition’s product sectors are more reflective of the modern garden retail environment, three of the show’s core sectors will be rebranded. First up will be Garden Leisure, which will become known as Outdoor Entertaining, whilst Glee Garden Design & Landscaping will enter a new chapter in 2016 under the banner of Landscaping and Garden Decoration. Finally, Retail Experiences and Services will replace Retail Services. Offering the best in shop-fittings, POS, EPoS and retail design, this area will be expanded in 2016 to better incorporate the wider aspects related to inspirational and functional retailing concepts.
5. Effective use of buying time. Buyers visiting Glee will find the full spectrum of garden retail categories under one roof, including Garden Care, Landscaping & Garden Decoration; Outdoor Entertaining; Plants & Nursery; Home, Gift & Clothing; Retail Experiences and Services; and Pet.
6. Revitalised format. The new location within the NEC has seen Glee benefit from a new layout and visitor flow. This simple change in 2014, heralded as a great success by the garden retail industry, has helped to bring together even more suppliers and retailers. It has also reinvigorated the industry’s connection with the event, creating a show that looks and feels unlike any previous Glee.
7. Innovation at every turn. Launched in 2009, the Glee Innovators Zone has already helped more than 180 companies break into the garden retail market. This special area is designed to help nurture valuable grass-roots product development and one-off design ideas, whilst also bridging the gap between market-ready new product launches from established companies and pre-commercial product ideas. This year Glee’s Innovators Zone will be home to over 30 brand new companies.
8. Learning opportunities. As always Glee will offer visitors a free, three-day Seminar Programme organised in conjunction with the HTA (Horticultural Trades Association), which will share expert business and garden retail advice to help grow your business through challenging trading conditions.
9. Network, network, network. Glee offers an unrivalled opportunity to network with your peers, and provides the perfect platform to meet with new and existing customers. Meeting rooms are also available, making the show the perfect base to conduct sales and 2017 planning meetings. The Buyers Power List will be returning in 2016, with this year’s winners announced on Tuesday 13th September.
10. Free entry; easy to register. Entry to Glee is free for all pre-registered trade visitors. To pre-register, visit www.gleebirmingham.com where useful show, exhibitor and travel information is also available. For details on exhibiting at Glee, call 0203 033 2160.