Reflecting Glee’s ongoing growth, the show’s Green Heart is set to welcome its largest ever number of exhibitors including a wealth of returning and new names. Additionally, it will be celebrating the introduction of its first-ever Flemish Pavilion, plus providing a launchpad for some exciting new product innovations that are unlike any plant varieties seen before.
Big name brands such as Wyevale Nurseries, Gardeners Kitchen, Chessum Plants, Golden Grove Nurseries, Anglo Aquatic Plants, , Channel Island Plants, Craigmarloch Nurseries, Darby Nursery Stock, H.S.Hommers, Hawkesmill, Javado, Kilworth Conifers, , Lovania Nurseries Ltd, Morleys Nurseries Ltd, New Leaf Plants, Van Poecke and Viking Nurseries Ltd, will also be joined by Hillier Nurseries and Farplants to create the strongest display of new plant varieties and inspiration for plant buyers and retailers looking to develop their plant offering in the coming season.
Glee will also be welcoming its very first Flemish Pavilion, as VLAM - the Flanders’ Agricultural Marketing Board - has confirmed its attendance. The Flemish Pavilion (Hall 20, stand H30) will be home to a host of seven top growers under the VLAM banner, all ready to showcase their industry leading horticultural products.
Many of the Flemish brands will also join Glee’s Green Heart, to demonstrate merchandising best practice, and showcase exciting new plant varieties within indoor plants, cut flowers and different types of young plants. Exciting new additions will include the Helleborus VIV Collection, and 110cm Chrysanthemums. One VLAM exhibitor will also showcase Pineberry (produces white strawberries that taste like pineapple), Framberry (produces strawberries that taste like raspberry) and Bubbleberry (produces pink strawberries that taste and smell like bubble gum).
Plants will also be celebrated through the Greatest Awards Best Plant Retailing Team, which will be announced on Tuesday 12th September. Part of Garden Trade News’ “Greatest Awards”, this award – presented for the first time at Glee – will celebrate those plant retailing teams that have gone above and beyond in 2017.
Matthew Mein, Glee Event Director said: “The Green Heart is a really important part of Glee, and is designed to put plants right at the centre of the show, but more than this we want to arm retailers and growers with a platform to communicate – whether in regard to what’s new or how to better drive sales in-store. It’s set to be a great showcase of UK and international growers, so I urge plant buyers and garden retailers to make this their first port of call at Glee 2017.”
Find out more
Glee is the UK’s leading garden retail show, focussing on building year-round profits within core product categories including Garden Care, Outdoor Entertaining, Landscaping and Garden Design, Pet, Home, Gift and Clothing, and Plants. Each year the show attracts thousands of buyers from top retailers, such as leading UK garden centres, builders’ merchants, multiple retailers, and DIY stores. To keep up-to-date on all the latest news log onto www.gleebirmingham.com or call 020 3033 2160 to find out about exhibiting.
Farplants reveal plans for Glee 2017
Farplants will be showcasing its 2017 Christmas range at Glee’s Green Heart. As well as its festive best-sellers, the company will have new themes and formats inspired by this years’ trends.
Andy Harding, Added Value Manager at Farplants, said: “We are delighted to be a part of Glee and give buyers the opportunity to see first-hand the new styles and quality on offer in our festive range. Stop by our stand to see how the beautiful planted collection will create impact in store and inspire customers. Our new themes perfectly embody this years’ trends, from sparkle lights and stunning zinc to a touch of rustic charm, the new materials and styling will ensure all Christmas shoppers are spoilt for choice.”
As well an extended range of wreaths, the Farplants stand will feature containers that are not only perfect for festive arrangements in the home but could be reused in the New Year, encouraging replacement plant purchases come the spring.
10 reasons why plant buyers should visit the Glee Green Heart
1) Optimise profit potential of seasonal plants - with seasonal plants being more topical than ever, the Green Heart represents an opportunity to buy high impact lines for immediate delivery and sales through tills.
2) Get inspired –the Green Heart has a wealth of content to inspire plant buyers and retailers alike. From new varieties to exciting merchandising ideas, this thriving part of Glee is a must for garden retailers who want to step up their game when it comes to plant retailing.
3) Network & learn - learn about the latest trends in plant sales and access the newest varieties and new-for-2018 addition whilst networking with industry colleagues in one convenient location.
4) View complementary products – whilst at Glee don’t forget to visit the wider show, using the time to catch up with compost, fertiliser and chemical suppliers to ensure you are up-to-date with the ever-changing ranges and supporting legislation surrounding these core sellers.
5) Linked sales and cross merchandising inspiration – Exhibitors within the Green Heart will demonstrate how to link sales and create successful cross merchandising opportunities that can be quickly and easily implemented instore.
6) Show-only deals - benefit from buying ‘show only’ deals, gaining extra margin and impulse sales potential for your store.
7) Brainstorm – use your time to share your ideas with growers, helping both parties to sell more plants to boost overall sales and profits.
8) Look ahead to 2018 - meet with both UK and international growers to find out more about their plans for the 2018 season.
9) 70+ plant suppliers – this year over 70 plant suppliers, growers and breeders will be showcasing their 2018 ranges and recent introductions within the Green Heart.
10) Follow-up on NPS conversations - finalise details with new contacts initiated at the National Plant Show.