Johnsons Lawn Seed's new formula to ensure continued growth of best sellers
Market leading lawn seed supplier Johnsons Lawn Seed is re-launching its bestselling General Purpose, Tuffgrass, Quick Fix and Quick Lawn products with a new formula at Glee 2015.
Set to stimulate further profit growth for retailers in 2016, the mixtures have all been improved to ensure quicker germination and establishment, in lower temperatures. The newly formulated bestsellers also now have a higher tolerance to drought, are designed to develop greener lawns, and require less fertiliser and watering than standard grasses.
The newly reformulated mixtures are a result of Johnsons Lawn Seed's commitment to developing innovative products, supported by an extensive grass research and breeding programme. With parent company DLF Trifolium supplying the top sporting venues and world class tournaments, the new formulations have already been successfully implemented and are now ready to once again win over a wider consumer audience.
The improvements that have been introduced bring popular existing tried and tested products fully up to date to match more recent additions to the brands portfolio, and feature the following benefits:
- Quicker germination and establishment - shoots can now appear in as little as 4 days, and grass can be maintained without any extra mowing
- Ability to sow at even lower temperatures - as low as 3°C thanks to advancements in DLF's developmental research into ryegrass varieties
- Improved colour - greener all year round
- Better drought tolerance - deeper root systems mean less reliance on sprinkler systems
- Less water and fertiliser needed - stronger roots mean stronger, healthier and greener lawns
Johnsons Lawn Seed's consumer manager Guy Jenkins says the reinvigorated mixes being launched at Glee this year will be great news for retailers.
"At Johnsons Lawn Seed we are committed to constantly improving our products, and this year we have focussed on top performing products that are already highly rated by consumers and retailers alike. The new formulations all feature the very latest in grass seed technology, enabling consumers to have greener lawns year round with the minimum of fuss, as well as making repeat sales even easier for the retailer."
Find out more
To find out more about Johnsons Lawn Seed, visit www.johnsonslawnseed.com, email email@example.com, or telephone 01386 791113.